The fake patient debate
Some healthcare organizations have started using "fake patients" who "mystery shop" the hospital or physician office experience, a tool that many retail stores use to measure how they're serving customers. The use of this tool in healthcare, however, has sparked a debate about whether these "fake patients" take away from doctors' time with real patients, and could prevent a truly sick patient from receiving timely care.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013