The fake patient debate
Some healthcare organizations have started using "fake patients" who "mystery shop" the hospital or physician office experience, a tool that many retail stores use to measure how they're serving customers. The use of this tool in healthcare, however, has sparked a debate about whether these "fake patients" take away from doctors' time with real patients, and could prevent a truly sick patient from receiving timely care.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream