Three California hospitals lag in pneumonia report
A recent report shows that several hospitals in California posed a significantly higher mortality rate for pneumonia patients than the more than 260 other medical centers in that state. California hospitals are not alone, though - as many as four million people are admitted to U.S. hospitals each year for treatment of the disease, prompting strong support of specific measures that will reduce the number of pneumonia-related deaths.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model