Why can't we learn from our mistakes?
As many as 17 newborn babies in the neonatal intensive care unit of a Texas hospital were given overdoses of the blood thinner heparin, prompting an investigation by officials there. Nursing staff at Christus Spohn Hospital South in Corpus Christi discovered the error earlier this week, two days after a concentrated form of the medication is believed to have been administered.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results