Why can't we learn from our mistakes?
As many as 17 newborn babies in the neonatal intensive care unit of a Texas hospital were given overdoses of the blood thinner heparin, prompting an investigation by officials there. Nursing staff at Christus Spohn Hospital South in Corpus Christi discovered the error earlier this week, two days after a concentrated form of the medication is believed to have been administered.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data