Why can't we learn from our mistakes?
As many as 17 newborn babies in the neonatal intensive care unit of a Texas hospital were given overdoses of the blood thinner heparin, prompting an investigation by officials there. Nursing staff at Christus Spohn Hospital South in Corpus Christi discovered the error earlier this week, two days after a concentrated form of the medication is believed to have been administered.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments