Why can't we learn from our mistakes?
As many as 17 newborn babies in the neonatal intensive care unit of a Texas hospital were given overdoses of the blood thinner heparin, prompting an investigation by officials there. Nursing staff at Christus Spohn Hospital South in Corpus Christi discovered the error earlier this week, two days after a concentrated form of the medication is believed to have been administered.
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses