Healthcare advocates bring protest to Connecticut leaders
A demonstration held in the Connecticut capitol called on Gov. M. Jodi Rell and the state business community to cut the cost and broaden the accessibility of health insurance during the 2009 legislative session. Citizens for Economic Opportunity organized the march with the Connecticut Citizen Action Group as part of a broader, national initiative sponsored by the advocacy group Health Care for America Now. Organizers said they hoped to draw attention to what they called "the need for quality, affordable healthcare for all Americans," according to a release.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care