Aetna tries paying patients to take their meds
According to researchers, statistics show that only about 50% of patients continue taking medications as directed a year after being prescribed. The Aetna Foundation is sponsoring a research study at the University of Pennsylvania to determine if a daily lottery of cash prizes will improve patients' medication adherence.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts