Aetna tries paying patients to take their meds
According to researchers, statistics show that only about 50% of patients continue taking medications as directed a year after being prescribed. The Aetna Foundation is sponsoring a research study at the University of Pennsylvania to determine if a daily lottery of cash prizes will improve patients' medication adherence.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream