Hospitals try to rein in doctors' rudeness
The Joint Commission has issued a warning that patient safety can be compromised by hostile behavior among medical staff. Starting next year, hospitals will be required to implement a code of conduct that defines such behavior, and also includes procedures for managing it.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream