Kansas hospitals won't get payments for errors
Kansas hospitals will no longer be paid for claims involving avoidable medical errors, as several of the state's largest insurers - including Preferred Health Systems and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas - join Medicare in adopting new "never event" rules that go into effect October 1.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts