Tougher inspections on the way?
A recently passed Medicare bill takes authority away from the Joint Commission when it comes to hospital inspections, leaving the responsibility to CMS or another federal agency. Some believe this is a positive step toward ensuring accurate hospital inspections and ultimately patient safety.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing