Tougher inspections on the way?
A recently passed Medicare bill takes authority away from the Joint Commission when it comes to hospital inspections, leaving the responsibility to CMS or another federal agency. Some believe this is a positive step toward ensuring accurate hospital inspections and ultimately patient safety.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'