Hand washing: Time well spent
Nearly 60% of healthcare workers do not practice regular hand-washing techniques while on duty, despite policies to do so. Hospital leaders say that while hand washing can be time-consuming, it's essential to patients' safety, and it's up to everyone to ensure that it's done properly.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law