Eight deaths linked to superbug outbreak in Ireland
A recent outbreak of the C difficile bug has claimed the lives of eight more patients in Northern Ireland, bringing the total number of deaths to 60. According to healthcare leaders there, a side effect of various powerful antibiotics is an increased rate of C diff infection.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US