Eight deaths linked to superbug outbreak in Ireland
A recent outbreak of the C difficile bug has claimed the lives of eight more patients in Northern Ireland, bringing the total number of deaths to 60. According to healthcare leaders there, a side effect of various powerful antibiotics is an increased rate of C diff infection.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream