Eight deaths linked to superbug outbreak in Ireland
A recent outbreak of the C difficile bug has claimed the lives of eight more patients in Northern Ireland, bringing the total number of deaths to 60. According to healthcare leaders there, a side effect of various powerful antibiotics is an increased rate of C diff infection.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013