Could copper fight hospital infections?
A recent study shows that copper, a microbiocidal, can prevent infection by eliminating several pathogens that are the source of many hospital-acquired infections. Now, the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC, is among several facilities testing the idea.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers