The next wave of lawsuits?
Hospital-acquired infection was once viewed as an unavoidable risk. Now, it has been determined that nearly all hospital infections are avoidable when physicians and staff practice proper hygiene measures. Many say this has prompted a new wave of class-action lawsuits.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers