Can sharkskin fight hospital infections?
The year-old Sharklet organization has developed an anti-microbial surface on shark skin that they believe could help prevent hospital-acquired infections. The new surface disrupts microbes' ability to reproduce and form bacterial films, and can prevent bacterial growth for up to 21 days.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine