Can sharkskin fight hospital infections?
The year-old Sharklet organization has developed an anti-microbial surface on shark skin that they believe could help prevent hospital-acquired infections. The new surface disrupts microbes' ability to reproduce and form bacterial films, and can prevent bacterial growth for up to 21 days.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform