California facilities fined $25,000; death, patient harm cited
Four San Diego area hospitals have been fined $25,000 each after reporting preventable mistakes that killed one patient and injured several others. California health regulators are now also looking into three more cases in which patients were put in "immediate jeopardy."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream