Las Vegas hospital workers file complaint about care
AP/San Francisco Chronicle, August 29, 2008
A group of 61 union nurses and technicians has filed a complaint with Nevada regulators accusing two Las Vegas hospitals of unsafe practices. The complaint says Desert Springs and Valley hospitals have violated seven laws intended to protect patients. It also claims to identify 84 instances between Dec. 2006 and June 10 in which hospital management deliberately disregarded nurse's objections to unsafe patient care assignments.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care