Report: OR staff lapse led to surgical error
The operating room staff at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston failed to conduct a crucial verbal safety check prior to a June surgery in which doctors operated on the wrong part of a patient's body, according to a state investigation. The investigation also states that "the simple system of marking the location of an incision failed."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%