Clinics opening in SC CVS drugstores
Walk-in clinics have opened in three CVS pharmacies throughout the Midlands region of South Carolina. Called MinuteClinics, the clinics are staffed by nurse practitioners who provide care for common ailments, such a cold, as well as offer flu shots and diabetes screenings. This offers assistance to those who are uninsured or under-insured, and subsequently can help to relieve emergency rooms of non-emergency cases.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments