New e-resources support growing patient empowerment
The face of healthcare is changing, with the growth of online medical information and other similar technologies. Recent data suggests that the number of patients utilizing e-resources to find such information is growing as well. A report by the Center for Studying Health System Change has found that the number of American adults going online to find medical information has doubled from 2001 to 2007.
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- SLIDESHOW: HL20 — 20 People Who Are Making a Difference in Healthcare - 2013
- State Health Disparities Trace Medicaid Expansion
- Q&A: Banner CEO on 'Getting the Cost Out'
- Healthcare Unions Eye Gains in 2014
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise