New e-resources support growing patient empowerment
The face of healthcare is changing, with the growth of online medical information and other similar technologies. Recent data suggests that the number of patients utilizing e-resources to find such information is growing as well. A report by the Center for Studying Health System Change has found that the number of American adults going online to find medical information has doubled from 2001 to 2007.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts