Inova HealthPlex’s Northern Virginia facility provides ER care, stat
Inova HealthPlex at Franconia-Springfield in Northern Virginia differs radically from the ordeal familiar to many Americans who seek treatment in the nation's hospital emergency rooms. HealthPlex's full-service emergency department sees close to 33,000 patients annually. Unlike traditional emergency rooms, it has no inpatient beds. Patients who need hospitalization or surgery are transferred by ambulance to surrounding hospitals. Experts say that HealthPlex, which opened in 2001 and is designed to divert patients from the ERs Inova operates at other Virginia hospitals, is an innovative, patient-friendly response to overcrowded ERs.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer