VA head: Surgeries at Illinois hospital months off
AP/Yahoo News, September 16, 2008
The head of the nation's Veterans Affairs system said it still could be months before inpatient surgeries resume at a southern Illinois hospital. VA Secretary James Peake inspected the Marion VA hospital before heading a town hall meeting meant to assure the roughly 100 veterans and family members who turned out that the hospital and its new director would make things right. Some veterans appeared unconvinced, however.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health