Iowa inspectors ask feds to fine hospital
AP/Chicago Tribune, September 16, 2008
Iowa officials say they are taking a rare action and asking federal officials to fine a Clinton hospital $10,000 for allegedly contributing to the death of a nursing home patient. The Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals says it has asked the CMS to fine Mercy Medical Center of Clinton $10,000 for alleged violations found during an April inspection of its hospital-based nursing home.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions