Study: Doctors show little empathy
Researchers for the Archives of Internal Medicine have found that some physicians, namely cancer specialists and surgeons, lack empathy when dealing with patient concerns. Previous studies show that doctors who display more empathy have more satisfied patients, leading to lower anxiety and a better understanding of their condition.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers