Company offers video surveillance of employee hand washing
A company called Arrowsight is bringing hospitals struggling with hand-washing compliance a solution that has worked in food processing and manufacturing plants: a video surveillance system that measures adherence to hand-washing rules and provides hospitals with quick feedback on the laggards. In a pilot launched in January of 2007, the company says its hospital video auditing service boosted hand-hygiene compliance to 90% from 38% in three months.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US