Wisconsin parents win $11.4 million in malpractice suit
A jury has awarded the parents of a brain-damaged Wisconsin boy $11.4 million in a medical malpractice case. Chad and Amy Jelinek claimed in a 2006 lawsuit that negligent care by a nurse and nurse midwife at Gunderson Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, WI, resulted in brain injuries to their son Laine during his birth in 2005. A Crawford County jury sided with the Jelineks after a three-week trial.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer