Florida hospital's ER expansion seen as boon to patients
Wellington (FL) Regional Medical Center has introduced phase one of the ongoing expansion of its emergency room, and also has presented to the public the services it offers. Hospital officials are hopeful that expanding the ER will make room for more patients, while also reducing their wait times. The department now houses 17 patient beds; once phase two is complete in February, that number will rise to 36.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening