Pennsylvania healthcare watchdog gets good news
Philadelphia Inquirer, November 20, 2008
Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell has announced that he has extended through June 30 his executive order enabling the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council, known as PHC4, to remain open. Without that action, the independent agency would have been forced to shut down at the end of November. PHC4 is widely recognized for its reports on health quality and cost, including the nation's first statewide study of infections contracted by patients during hospital stays.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch