Pennsylvania healthcare watchdog gets good news
Philadelphia Inquirer, November 20, 2008
Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell has announced that he has extended through June 30 his executive order enabling the Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council, known as PHC4, to remain open. Without that action, the independent agency would have been forced to shut down at the end of November. PHC4 is widely recognized for its reports on health quality and cost, including the nation's first statewide study of infections contracted by patients during hospital stays.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care