Farmington, CT-based John Dempsey Hospital put on probation
Several patients' cases were cited in a report by the Connecticut Department of Public Health as it placed Farmington-based John Dempsey Hospital on probation for two years. It is the third time the health department has disciplined Dempsey, part of the University of Connecticut Health Center, in the past three years. As part of a consent agreement, the hospital agreed to bring in a consultant to recommend improvements for areas including nursing services and staffing levels, infection control, pharmacy, the operating room, emergency department, psychiatric services, and patient assessments.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream