Web site compares cost, quality among Massachusetts hospitals
A new Web site, www.mass.gov/myhealthcareoptions, compares the cost and quality of care at different Massachusetts hospitals, part of a state plan to help control healthcare costs by giving consumers more information. The site gives consumers access to previously confidential information about how much insurers pay individual hospitals for surgical procedures, and allows comparisons of patient satisfaction ratings and patient safety measures at different hospitals.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer