Web site compares cost, quality among Massachusetts hospitals
A new Web site, www.mass.gov/myhealthcareoptions, compares the cost and quality of care at different Massachusetts hospitals, part of a state plan to help control healthcare costs by giving consumers more information. The site gives consumers access to previously confidential information about how much insurers pay individual hospitals for surgical procedures, and allows comparisons of patient satisfaction ratings and patient safety measures at different hospitals.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts