Web site compares cost, quality among Massachusetts hospitals
A new Web site, www.mass.gov/myhealthcareoptions, compares the cost and quality of care at different Massachusetts hospitals, part of a state plan to help control healthcare costs by giving consumers more information. The site gives consumers access to previously confidential information about how much insurers pay individual hospitals for surgical procedures, and allows comparisons of patient satisfaction ratings and patient safety measures at different hospitals.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers