Urbana, IL, clinic's settlement with AG approved
The Carle Clinic Association of Urbana, IL, reached an agreement with the state in an anti-trust lawsuit filed by the state's attorney general's office. The Carle Clinic as well as the Christie Clinic of Champaign, IL, are accused of denying primary care to Medicaid patients. The agreement requires Carle to increase its Medicaid patient load by as much as 11,850 over the next three years. Legal action against Christie is still pending.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer