Fort Worth, TX-based JPS looks at becoming highest-level trauma center
Fort Worth Star-Telegram, February 13, 2009
Fort Worth, TX-based John Peter Smith Hospital is seeking approval to become a Level 1 trauma center, the highest-level of accreditation that would allow the most serious injuries and illnesses to be treated at the hospital. JPS trauma services are currently at Level 2, and JPS would need to add the ability to perform cardiac bypass surgery, among other things. The process to become a Level 1 trauma center could take about a year.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'