Restructuring team brought in to Maryland med center amid federal investigation
Towson, MD-based St. Joseph Medical Center, where three top executives went on leave two weeks ago amid a federal investigation, has brought in an outside "restructuring team" to manage the hospital and ensure that it is not violating federal healthcare laws. Officials at the 354-bed hospital did not elaborate on the restructuring team's role. But Beth O'Brien, who is leading the team, said in the memo that "the overarching goal is to create a compliance program at St. Joseph that parallels the same high standards as our clinical quality."
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers