No charges for renowned surgeon over blunder
Miami Herald, April 10, 2009
The Florida Board of Medicine tossed out charges against a renowned surgeon and professor who mistakenly left a clamp inside a patient. Juan Asensio-Gonzalez is one of the most respected trauma surgeons in the country, and is director of the Trauma Critical Research and Training program at Jackson Memorial Hospital and a professor at University of Miami.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations