No charges for renowned surgeon over blunder
Miami Herald, April 10, 2009
The Florida Board of Medicine tossed out charges against a renowned surgeon and professor who mistakenly left a clamp inside a patient. Juan Asensio-Gonzalez is one of the most respected trauma surgeons in the country, and is director of the Trauma Critical Research and Training program at Jackson Memorial Hospital and a professor at University of Miami.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts