Marietta, GA, hospital officials say they're not to blame in sex assaults
Officials at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, GA, say they are not responsible for the sexual assaults allegedly committed by three former employees. In February, seven women filed a lawsuit against the hospital and three men, who they say assaulted them during their hospital stays. WellStar has filed a motion with the State Court of Cobb County to have some of the claims in the lawsuit dismissed. The motion states that if the assaults occurred, the actions "were beyond the scope of their employment and contrary to the interests of the hospital."
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions