Marietta, GA, hospital officials say they're not to blame in sex assaults
Officials at WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, GA, say they are not responsible for the sexual assaults allegedly committed by three former employees. In February, seven women filed a lawsuit against the hospital and three men, who they say assaulted them during their hospital stays. WellStar has filed a motion with the State Court of Cobb County to have some of the claims in the lawsuit dismissed. The motion states that if the assaults occurred, the actions "were beyond the scope of their employment and contrary to the interests of the hospital."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus