Program seeks to cut New Jersey hospital readmissions
Philadelphia Inquirer, April 15, 2009
New Jersey seniors are readmitted to hospitals more often than those in most other states, often because of what experts say are preventable breakdowns in care. Now Virtua Health plans to launch an ambitious effort to tackle this problem by better educating its departing patients and reconnecting them to family doctors. The system hopes to ease the often treacherous transition period when medication errors often occur and follow-up care can be missed.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US