Kaiser Permanente farmers markets put nutrition within reach
Kaiser Permanente has 30 farmers markets at medical facilities in four states where patients, staff and community members shop. Locally grown fruits and vegetables also are used in 23 Kaiser hospital kitchens. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Preston Maring, MD, says Kaiser Permanente's emphasis on preventive medicine seemed a good fit for farm-fresh food.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions