Representative seeks probe of University of Chicago's Urban Health Initiative
U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush is calling for a congressional investigation into the University of Chicago Medical Center's Urban Health Initiative, questioning whether it has engaged in "patient-dumping" practices by steering the poor to other health facilities in the city. The initiative has been controversial and has generated protests from the community and patients, as well as physicians and students inside and outside of the medical center.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus