Representative seeks probe of University of Chicago's Urban Health Initiative
U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush is calling for a congressional investigation into the University of Chicago Medical Center's Urban Health Initiative, questioning whether it has engaged in "patient-dumping" practices by steering the poor to other health facilities in the city. The initiative has been controversial and has generated protests from the community and patients, as well as physicians and students inside and outside of the medical center.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations