Representative seeks probe of University of Chicago's Urban Health Initiative
U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush is calling for a congressional investigation into the University of Chicago Medical Center's Urban Health Initiative, questioning whether it has engaged in "patient-dumping" practices by steering the poor to other health facilities in the city. The initiative has been controversial and has generated protests from the community and patients, as well as physicians and students inside and outside of the medical center.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts