Minority lawmakers to highlight health disparities
AP/Yahoo News, June 9, 2009
Black, Latino, and Asian lawmakers want President Barack Obama to focus more on racial disparities reported in medical treatment as the White House works toward overhauling the nation's healthcare system. Members of the Congressional Black Caucus sent Obama a letter calling for more attention to minority health problems. They are expected to join lawmakers from Hispanic and Asian caucuses at a news conference on Capitol Hill to call attention to the issue.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions