CT-based Middlesex Hospital offers online clock that tells ER waiting times
Hartford Courant, September 10, 2009
Connecticut-based Middlesex Hospital has launched a new online "waiting time clock" for its three facilities in Middletown, Marlborough, and Essex, allowing patients to see which one has the longest "door-to-doctor" wait and then drive to the medical center that promises the quickest response. The new service is based on a similar service at a New Orleans hospital with six emergency room locations. Studies there showed that patients frequently would change their destination to an emergency room with the shortest waits.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives