CT-based Middlesex Hospital offers online clock that tells ER waiting times
Hartford Courant, September 10, 2009
Connecticut-based Middlesex Hospital has launched a new online "waiting time clock" for its three facilities in Middletown, Marlborough, and Essex, allowing patients to see which one has the longest "door-to-doctor" wait and then drive to the medical center that promises the quickest response. The new service is based on a similar service at a New Orleans hospital with six emergency room locations. Studies there showed that patients frequently would change their destination to an emergency room with the shortest waits.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments