Texas Hospital Receives Level III Trauma Designation
Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, TX, has been given a Level III trauma designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services—becoming one of only four hospitals in South Texas to receive certification for this level of care, the HCA Gulf Coast Division affiliate announced.
"Rio Grande Regional Hospital is already known for its excellent trauma care and our commitment to pursuing excellence in care," said Greg Seiler, CEO of the 320-bed acute care hospital. "By receiving the Level III designation, we continue to meet the needs of our growing community by providing quality trauma intervention and treatment."
Trauma surgeons and hospital staff are available 24 hours a day at the hospital. Specially trained nurses attend each trauma patient throughout the day for care advancement and coordination. Trauma data is collected and entered into a registry database for quality improvement and injury prevention initiatives. The trauma coordinator provides trauma education throughout the hospital.
HCA affiliated facilities in the Gulf Coast Division include 12 hospitals, seven ambulatory surgery centers, four free standing emergency centers, five imaging centers, five cancer care programs and a Regional Transfer Center. The Regional Transfer Center provides ground and air patient transportation to and from any HCA Houston Affiliated Hospital and any other healthcare facilities.
Trauma Care Fragmented, Study Finds
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away