M.D. Anderson expands to southwest Orange County
Instead of driving miles for cancer treatment, residents of southwest Orange County can now receive cancer care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, where a team from M.D. Anderson-Orlando will coordinate care for area patients.
Dr. Larisa Greenberg and Dr. Sreeram Maddipatla, members of M.D. Anderson-Orlando's medical oncology/hematology team, are moving from their downtown Orlando offices to the Physicians Medical Office building next to Dr. Phillips Hospital.
"The number of men and women diagnosed with cancer continues to climb," said Dr. Clarence Brown, CEO of M.D. Anderson–Orlando. "By having our oncologists onsite at community hospitals throughout the Orlando area cancer patients can receive the best cancer care available, right in their own neighborhoods."
M. D. Anderson-Orlando's main facility is located in downtown Orlando, but the cancer facility also has a presence in Seminole County, where oncologist Dr. Luis Herrera currently sees patients in the medical office complex adjacent to South Seminole Hospital in Longwood.
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse