M.D. Anderson expands to southwest Orange County
Instead of driving miles for cancer treatment, residents of southwest Orange County can now receive cancer care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, where a team from M.D. Anderson-Orlando will coordinate care for area patients.
Dr. Larisa Greenberg and Dr. Sreeram Maddipatla, members of M.D. Anderson-Orlando's medical oncology/hematology team, are moving from their downtown Orlando offices to the Physicians Medical Office building next to Dr. Phillips Hospital.
"The number of men and women diagnosed with cancer continues to climb," said Dr. Clarence Brown, CEO of M.D. Anderson–Orlando. "By having our oncologists onsite at community hospitals throughout the Orlando area cancer patients can receive the best cancer care available, right in their own neighborhoods."
M. D. Anderson-Orlando's main facility is located in downtown Orlando, but the cancer facility also has a presence in Seminole County, where oncologist Dr. Luis Herrera currently sees patients in the medical office complex adjacent to South Seminole Hospital in Longwood.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance