M.D. Anderson expands to southwest Orange County
Instead of driving miles for cancer treatment, residents of southwest Orange County can now receive cancer care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital, where a team from M.D. Anderson-Orlando will coordinate care for area patients.
Dr. Larisa Greenberg and Dr. Sreeram Maddipatla, members of M.D. Anderson-Orlando's medical oncology/hematology team, are moving from their downtown Orlando offices to the Physicians Medical Office building next to Dr. Phillips Hospital.
"The number of men and women diagnosed with cancer continues to climb," said Dr. Clarence Brown, CEO of M.D. Anderson–Orlando. "By having our oncologists onsite at community hospitals throughout the Orlando area cancer patients can receive the best cancer care available, right in their own neighborhoods."
M. D. Anderson-Orlando's main facility is located in downtown Orlando, but the cancer facility also has a presence in Seminole County, where oncologist Dr. Luis Herrera currently sees patients in the medical office complex adjacent to South Seminole Hospital in Longwood.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers