Emergency rooms in competition
Ocala Health System, the HCA-owned system that includes Ocala Regional Medical Center and West Marion Community, launched an aggressive marketing blitz in the spring touting low wait times at its emergency rooms.
At Munroe Regional Medical Center, which also has an additional emergency department at TimberRidge, staffers have done everything they can to make sure patients who want to go to a Munroe ER can go to a Munroe ER. In the past year, the hospital hasn't had to divert any ER patients to other hospitals.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots