CA health officials probing hospitals with high infection rates
California health regulators are joining state and federal investigators in examining the practices of Prime Healthcare, a Southern California hospital chain with an unusually high rate of life-threatening infections, according to letters released to California Watch yesterday.
In the letter to lawmakers, California Department of Public Health authorities described extraordinary steps they plan to take to examine cases of septicemia in Prime hospitals, including reviews of individual patient records and hospital infection-control practices.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers