Blood-infection data rates MD hospitals
Health care data newly available online comprises part of a larger initiative aimed at saving lives.
The Maryland Health Care Commission is tracking occurrences of a certain type of bloodstream infection at Maryland hospitals.Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections can occur when bacteria travels through a catheter used to administer medications or obtain blood samples for testing and enters the bloodstream. The preventable infection can be fatal.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says