Blood-infection data rates MD hospitals
Health care data newly available online comprises part of a larger initiative aimed at saving lives.
The Maryland Health Care Commission is tracking occurrences of a certain type of bloodstream infection at Maryland hospitals.Central Line-Associated Blood Stream Infections can occur when bacteria travels through a catheter used to administer medications or obtain blood samples for testing and enters the bloodstream. The preventable infection can be fatal.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'