Donated human liver survives plane crash, is successfully transplanted
A donated liver survived a fiery plane crash in England on Friday and was successfully transplanted into its needy recipient after rescuers rushed the organ to a nearby hospital, officials said Saturday.
A private two-seater jet traveling from Belfast, Ireland, to Birmingham, England, crashed after clipping an antenna on the ground during a landing in heavy fog at Birmingham Airport around 3:30 p.m. Friday and burst into flames as it skidded across the runway area, The Associated Press reported.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer