CA hospital investigating death of discharged patient
Officials at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital said they're nearing completion of an in-house investigation into the death of a discharged patient whose body was found on the edge of its campus. Michael Torres, 49, was found dead near the southwestern corner of the hospital grounds about 8 a.m. last Tuesday, approximately 12 hours after he received care for undisclosed reasons. Todd Salnas, COO of St. Joseph Health System-Sonoma County, said the hospital is pushing hard to shed light on what occurred. "I would say the investigation should be completed in a matter of days," he said. Some members of Torres' family have expressed frustration with the limited information they've received from the hospital about events leading to Torres' death. They have retained an attorney seeking Torres' medical records and have passed out fliers looking for witnesses to his final hours.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers