NY hospital investigating baby's death
Brookdale University Hospital in Brooklyn says it is investigating the death of a 6-month-old boy in its care. According to media reports, the family says Amaan Ahmmad died from an overdose of an antibiotic. A cousin, Jhora Akther, told the Daily News they brought the infant to the emergency room on Friday because he was running a fever. Akther said the boy was hooked to an IV drip and administered an antibiotic. He said the child went into a coma and died on Tuesday. The hospital said in a statement that it was "investigating the circumstances of this traffic incident."
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion