Kapow! Comic book illustrates health care reform
Riddle me this, what's the latest tale of daring-do to hit the comic book stands? Here's a hint: it doesn't feature masked avengers, or include earnest sidekicks. There are no costumes, nor secret lairs. But the hero in this story does have an alter ego. Or at least, an alias. What is it, you ask? Holy 1,900-page-legislation! It's the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare. That's right, the latest graphic novel to hit book store shelves tells the story of the Affordable Care Act, and it's titled "Health Care Reform. What It Is. Why It's Necessary. How It Works." And its author isn't your typical comic book geek. No, author Jonathan Gruber is a geek of a different order: He is a health care economist.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion