NH bill could divert funds from hospital budgets
House Bill 1642-FN, which would exempt for-profit cancer treatment centers in the state of New Hampshire from state regulatory procedures and taxes to which existing hospitals are subject, is currently being debated in the New Hampshire House of Representatives. The bill has the potential to tilt the playing field unfairly in favor of for-profit cancer treatment centers, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Interim Director of Communications Rick Adams said.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios